Service Quality Promise
The Regional Employment Help Centre’s sincere commitment is to provide employment and educational services of the highest quality possible to the residents of the region.
- We believe our first responsibility of to be accessible to all.
- Our mandate is to provide one-stop access to all Employment Ontario Programs and Services.
- We will respect you as an individual, respect your confidentiality and work with you to help you achieve the results needed to succeed.
Fulfilling your Employment Service Plan is our goal!
As a job seeker, the Regional Employment Help Centre…
- Provides job search strategies, including resume preparation.
- Offers information about different careers and occupations, the local labour market, and employment and training opportunities.
- Coordinates on-the-job training and/or work experience and, in some cases, additional support to help maintain employment.
- Provides information about all Employment Ontario programs and services.
- Supports laid off workers with obtaining the skills training required in high–demand occupations with the Second Career program or by assisting them in starting their own business
- Offers assessment of skills, capabilities, interests and experience.
- Provides information about, and referral to, other community services and supports.
Self-service Resource and Information is available to anyone, including people with jobs, those who are under-employed, people looking for work, students, apprentices, internationally trained individuals, employers.
With Assisted Services an Employment Services Coordinator Supports job seekers who are unemployed or out of school with services such as supported job searches, job matching and placements, job retention services and assistance with Second Career choices.
As an Employer, the Regional Employment Help Centre…
- Will advertise available job openings.
- Will prescreen and qualify potential job candidates.
- Help employers in identifying their human resource skill requirements.
- Match the position/workplace needs to participants’ skills, capabilities, interests and experience.
- Support the development of on-the-job training plans.
- Mentor the placements to support success and retention.
The Regional Employment Help Centre realizes that time is valuable and are here to assist Employers with their staffing requirements.
The Staff and Directors of the Regional Employment Help Centre are committed to customer success in fulfilling their employment goals. The staff is here to assist and guide customers along the way. Stop by any of the offices to meet them.
Resource and Information Officers – Jessica Trovarello is the friendly voice answering the phones and assisting customers when they are using the Resource Centre.
Employment Services Coordinators – Rene Gagne, Donna Korytko, Lisa Weaver, and Gisele Lyons help customers with writing a resume, assist them with an Employment Service plan, and guide customers with Second Career or other Employment Ontario applications . They are committed to assisting customers move forward in achieving their employment goals.
Executive Director – Russell Reid is the Employment Services Coordinator for the North Algoma region. Contact Russell with any questions, comments or concerns regarding the service quality available from the Regional Employment Help Centre.
The Board Of Directors
The Regional Employment Help Centre Board of Directors are local volunteers committed to the success of customer employment goals and the long term viability of the resources available at the Regional Employment Help Center.
Board of Directors:
President: Bill DeVries
Vice President: Liz Talian-Clarke
Secretary/Treasurer: Maury O’Neil
Director: Melanie Pilon
Director: Tracy Amos
The present Board of Directors is always looking for like-minded community members from the region to join this volunteer Board. For further information or to express your interest, contact Russell Reid, Executive Director or any current member of the Board.